5/14/08

Swim Bike Run





We did it, we finished our first Triathlon. We entered the St. George Tri back in December and have trained since then, what an experience! First of all, we had no idea what we were getting our selves into!! This course was so hard and then on top of that we had hurricane like conditions. Well, the wind was like 45 mph or more. They had to cancel our sprint swim, because of the white caps and wind. I was glad and disappointed at the same time. I kept telling myself that I could do it, but when a I saw the rescue boats coming in with a lot of people, I got a little freaked out. So we started off on the bike, what an experience that was in head wind going up such a steep hill and then having to come back down that steep hill. The run was in sand the whole way and there was another huge hill that we had to climb. I was eating people's dust the whole way and got the dry heaves, but I didn't actually throw up. We crossed the finish line together and were proud that we actually finished. Another one in the future? We are already talking about it. We will see. For those of you who are asking who I did this with, it is my dear friend and next door neighbor Emery. I couldn't have done it without her.

9 comments:

Ashby said...

CONGRATULATIONS on finishing! That is awesome Jen!

Jen H. said...

I'm impressed! I was exhausted just reading about it. That is awesome, way to go!!! I went private recently so if you want email me your email so I can send you an invite. tnjen@cox.net It looks like you had a fun time on your cruise as well.

Bowman Family said...

Way to go Jen. What a great accomplishment.

The Farrell Family said...

That's awesome Jen! Seriously, I'm impressed!

Cara said...

WOW...you are amazing! Way to go!

Debbie Hadley said...

Wow, I'm so impressed! I don't think I would ever attempt a triathlon because I'm a terrible swimmer. Way to go!!!!

Hayward Family said...

WOW! You are my hero!! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! That sounds like so much fun! (Not really) But you two look really happy so I guess thats all that matters right?

Robby and Christy said...

Those are awesome pictures! You are way tougher than I am.
-Christy-