3/21/08






Last week, we were able to see our sweet sister Megan on the "Legend of the Seas." Megan is dancing on this cruise ship for 9 months. We decided that before she comes home we needed to see her fulfilling her dream. It was such a fun and inspiring experience. Fun seeing Megan and talking to her and catching up. She has grown up so much and is such a beautiful woman. Inspiring because of experiences that we had on and off the ship talking to locals and our assistant waiter. They were all experiences that opened my eyes and helped me to be thankful for the "little" things.
We started our journey in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. It was a beautiful country. We got to see the temple and do a little shopping. The Dominican's are all very proud of the "Mormon" temple. It is probably the prettiest building most of them have ever seen. I have to agree. There are a lot of members in Santo Domingo, so we thought we should catch a sacrament meeting before we got on the ship, come to find out it was Stake conference. Bummer.
I loved taking the grand tour of the ship with Megan. She knew every crew member and they all loved her. They really treated us like royalty every where we went.
The ports we went to were St. Kitts, Guadalupe, Martinique, Barbados, St. Lucia. They were all beautiful and unique in there own way. I think my two favorites were Barbados and St. Lucia. Matt and I and Skyler and Hayley rented two scooters and went around town in Barbados. We then met up with the rest of the group and drove about an hour or so to Crane's beach. Wow, it is ranked one of the top ten beaches of the world and I know exactly why. It was so beautiful! The waves were so fun and the water was so warm.
St. Lucia was a blast we booked the zipline excursion. We didn't know what we were in for and we all had preconceived notions. Matt was thinking twice as long and straight down (daredevil), I was thinking well, I don't know what I was thinking. We had to be harnessed up and wear beautiful hair nets. We ziplined through the rainforest and to about 10 different platforms. It was a blast. We also got to see the Pirate ship they used for Pirates of the Caribbean and see where they filmed part of the movie. Way cool.
All in all my favorite was spending time with Megan and my husband. 10 days was a little long, I missed my kids terribly by the end and I am so grateful to my mom and sisters for watching my munchkins.

10 comments:

Shelley and Jeff said...

Isn't the Caribbean absolutely beautiful! When I was in Haiti we went to the Caribbean on several different occasions and loved every minute or it. I would have to admit that I am completely jealous.

Ashby said...

Wow, what an awesome trip! And how fun that you got to see Megan too! Great pictures too. Brings back memories from a cruise I took 4 years ago with my husband and two of our best friends! Definitely need to do that again!

Bowman Family said...

What an awesome trip. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I am sure that Megan loved seeing all of you. I'm glad you had a good time.

estinger said...

You guys are so cute! The trip looks awesome and how nice to get out of the crappy Utah weather that we've been having! I say we plan a trip for all the "friends" in the next little while, I could sure use one!

Andrew said...

Jen,
Nice post! Hey would you email me your guy's mailing address. My email is orem97@hotmail.com

Thanks
Andy

Dustin Christensen said...

nice, i am jealous

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

WOW It looked like fun!! I am glad you got to see Megan. Grandma said it was fun too!! You guys look good.

The Farrell Family said...

Hey Guys! Looks like you had a blast. Warm, sunny beaches sound like heaven! I'm jealous. ;)

Hayward Family said...

How FUN!! Look how cute Megan is!! I miss her!! hehe..

Cara said...

I am so jealous! Looks like an amazing time. You look great! Totally rejuvenating I'm sure.